Thursday, April 17, 2008

God Hates Fags???

Type in godhatesfags.com and just see what you get.


You will get a CHURCH website, Westborow's Baptist Church and you will see all about this. They believe that indeed, God hates fags. They believe that God started the war and that he kills soilders and that he hates America. They believe that God does not love everyone. They are displaying our beautiful, loving, holy, merciful God as some kind of...devil or dictator. And I am just trying to wrap my mind around how any of them ever came to that conclusion. How can they call themselves Christians and read the Bible and think these things.


I feel sorry for them...I really do...


God is about love. He is love. The Bible teaches us about his love CONSISTANTLY AND CONSTANTLY. And NO WHERE does it say that God hates fags. It doesn't say that He hates anyone. God loves everyone of his creation. No, he may not believe that homosexuality is right, but he isn't going to deny them his love or their salvation because of it. All sin is the same. I am no better or worse that a Homosexual if I lie or steal something. A murderer is no worse than a homosexual. And the best part; GOD FORGIVES US, HE LOVES US, HE STILL CARES ABOUT US. That is one of the hardest things to understand, is unconditional love.


The thing that I am praying about and something that I am going to need a lot of help with and that I can't do without God is to love these people at Westborow's Baptist Church, and to forgive them, just as God does.


My youth pastor, Freddy said that what I can do, what we can do, is to just be who we are called to be, love everyone, and put this in God's hands. We just need to be a glimpse of Heaven to others, a glimpse of Christ to others and pray that us as Christians can reach out to others, and not let WBC get to the others first.


I just really felt led to share with those of you who don't know, what is going on out there. And your thoughts and concerns are greatly appreiciated (as long as they are appropiete and we don't end up getting in a right or wrong conversation. Let's stick with the love theme here!!)
Thanks for listening. Hope you all are having a really great week.

-Liz

No comments: