Monday, December 1, 2008

My, God. What a loyal and faithful One, you are.

I have a friend and life has given her some pretty bad scars and bruises. Giving up seems like the only option to her. She attempted suicide, but by the grace of God, she called 911 and was rushed to the hospital.

This hit me like a bus. One of my very good friends is at the end of her rope...almost killed herself. I felt like I had no words. I really didn't have any words. I prayed to God telling Him "God. I'm wrestling with crap in my own heart and I don't know what I can do or say!!! Lord, please help me!"

God, heard my cry and everything I could think of to say, came from scripture. OF COURSE! What a better way to encourage someone through words than from the word of God Himself! I also realized that everything I had gone through in life. Everytime life left me beat up and broken....was for this moment and for this girl and for others down the road just like this.

"And trust me...God hasn't given up. He really really hasn't. Dont forget. He is holding your hand. It may not be today or tomorrow or next week/month/year...but one day, everything will be bright and beautiful. Everything will make sense....it is in our Father's arms that things are no longer hazy or overwhelming or stressful or burdensome."

What a message of hope! Straight from God. Christ is STICKING UP FOR US. He is, He is! Right now at this very moment. His heart is breaking over your pain, but He has hope because He IS hope...and He knows how much his blood on the cross was worth.

Giving up hope.......
One of the worst things you can do.
DON'T GIVE UP. God hasn't given up. He understands her pain...OUR pain more than even we understand it. And it feels it too.

God-
No words...just gratitude and hope in you and who you are. I love you. Be with my friend. Continue to give me words and wisdom for her. Continue to teach me. I LOVE YOU. Help me, and her, and others to never give up.
Amen.

Peace
Liz

I'm always here for anyone that needs to talk. ALWAYS.

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Hey - just stopping by - found you off Mike Foster's twitter following.

Cool to see someone as young as you sold out to Jesus - good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

You're amazing Liz. I hope you're friend is doing alright.