Thursday, January 8, 2009

Trust

I've realized something. I really like ANSWERS. I just don't like to be left hanging and not knowing something. Another thing I'm realizing about this...it needs to change. I will go to church some weeks or go into a conversation with a burden on my heart and I really just want the answer to my pain or confusion. I want a magic formula or something so I can just breathe and say, "Okay...if I do this, THEN everything will be fine." But most of the time (all the time) I feel lost and even more confused than before.
Sometimes, I get this "mirage" of an answer. I go along with it for a while...and then things get rocky again. I get exhausted and discouraged.
The thing that really gets me is that through all this seeking "knowledge", there's no adventure...no journey. I should be on an amazing discovery and trip! But instead I just sit and I wait for the answer, not on GOD (so...God IS the answer?). I had a conversation with Freddy recently and he said something that really got the gears moving, "There's not magic formuala! You just have to stop and have to move on." So, wait. I have to just...figure this out on my own?????!!!! No, I don't. But I do need to learn how to trust and then act on that.

Im obviously still working through this a lot. BUT I don't KNOW all the ANSWERS! It's okay to work through things for a while! It's just all about trust. God isn't gonna leave you hanging! So, like...really. Just trust, stay close to God's heart...He will always tell you what to do and carry you through. He's absolutely obsessed with us! And He is mighty to do it.
How beautiful!

Peace,
Liz

No comments: