Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What Makes Them So Great? I'm Not Sure...

So, lately I have just been looking around my school and on Facebook of all these girls. The girls that are beautiful and have the perfect tan and perfect smile and body and the long pretty hair...and I wonder sometimes, why I'm not like them...why I'm short and pale with ordinary features and short hair!!!
I am usually quick to take that back and thank God that I am not! But, I guess what I am really trying to get at, is why are they always the ones that everyone wants to date and be friends with? Too often, I see SOOO many amazing young woman in school and at church, who I find funny and talented and beautiful, and they just get looked over by the guys and aren't the ones that everyone wants to be friends with. But, when it comes to the other girls...the kind that everyone looks like, everyone wants to be them and be like them.
Why are guys soooo interested in girls like that? Why do they choose them over the kind of girls that I know and that I am good friends with? Even I can't get a single date, when these girls go through boys like a new Hollister shirt!!! :D

It frustrates me a lot...but I know that we have something that those girls don't have and that is our faith and even our CONFIDENCE!!! Those girls are always compairing themselves and I always hear how much they hate themselves...it breaks my heart and I wish I could let them know how great my life is and how much more confidence I have through God, even though I am not exactly Barbie! I pray for those girls. And I know that us girls will get our knight in shining armor eventually...

Peace
Liz

7 comments:

Ryan Weiss said...

Liz,

Dont you fret, I know someone who has their eye on you =].

Anonymous said...

Amen sista.

I know exactly how you feel...I've kinda given up on guys during highschool lol too much work and ultimately too painful.

Hopefully, as you say, someone will come along. Until then, Liz, we'll just be the awesome drama queens we are =D

oh, and by the way, you are so feakin pretty Liz. Those holister girl got nothin on you!

Liz said...

Ohhh Ryan...why did you have to go and do that?! Now I'm gonna be wondering all the time!!! Hahaha.

Thanks everyone! And Andrea, YOU'RE beautiful. :)

Kyle P said...

It goes both ways liz; us guys ask ourselves the same questions when we look at the other guys in school. At least i did. But the girls that are worth it and worth searching for see us guys who are the knights in shining armor. And us knights search for the girls who are princesses in rags and not the ugly step sisters in gowns.

Josh Mc Alister said...

Sometimes even the tall, skinny, pretty girls don't get the guy. Sarah, the girl that was just here from Georgia, has always struggled to get guys and for the life of me, I have no idea why. Personally, I can't relate, but I'm sure it must be frustrating.

Anonymous said...

You are the beautiful and talented apple of my eye--always have been; always will be. God is preparing someone for you even now and he will be handsome, funny and full of adventure. Even I will like him.

Anonymous said...

Liz, I think you are one stone cold fox.
;D

But yeah give it time. You deserve the absolute best and i refuse to let you settle for anything less than that.