Saturday, August 23, 2008

Days, People, Conversations...

This morning I looked at my youth pastors blog and it said simply this: "Who did you talk to today?"

Well as the day went on, I talked to more and more people...I even met three new ones!
But at the core of this question, it isn't about so much how many you talked to or just who you talked to...but what did you talk about!

I could meet a hundred new people everyday...but if we never talked about anything authentic or deep or interesting...did I really meet them? Did I truly TALK to them?

So ask yourself: "Who did I really, deeply, authentically talk to today?"

My goal starting today, is to try and learn something new about every person I talk to.
No matter how long I have known them.
Them maybe...I'll end up learning something about myself...

Peace
Liz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's really sweet,
I wish,
i could keep everyone i knew,
i have this thing,
where I can't keep a friend for more than 3 years,
maybe it's because I change,
and they don't or maybe it's vise versa.
It's,
kinda weird.
and sad.