Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dreams

Yesterday morning I went to church for a meeting on what we wanted to see happen at the Realm...trying to get creative in the changes that could happen there.

If I'm being honest, I was disappointed in myself. I feel like I was still inside the box. I feel as though I wasn't thinking about the Realm or the community...I was focused on preferences. I wasn't dreaming big enough. I was thinking small.

God created us with these huge minds and these huge imaginations. He gave those to us so we could think big, creatively, outside the box...not so we could think small.

I have a dream of starting a club in my school called "Love is the Movement". I think that it would be a good way for students at our school to gain encouragement and to seek recovery from whatever is going on in their lives. Everyone is broken...I wanna bring that to attention at my school. I wanna start a love movement and revolution in my school. I want kids to feel as though they are loved. To know that they can truly be accepted. WE NEED THAT IN OUR SCHOOL. There are so many kids in my school who are struggling, who are in pain, who are broken and they may never receive love or encouragement from anywhere else. I want this to become a reality...

If I am being vulnerable...I don't believe in myself enough to see this happening. I am praying that I can start to believe in my dreams. I should be because I believe in God. I know that I can do all things through Him. I need to believe that. WE need to believe that.

Begin to pray that God will allow you to use the imagination and the mind He blessed you with. Start to think outside the box. Start to believe in yourself.

Let's help create a generation of dreamers.

Peace
Liz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our school does need that, Liz. I'm glad you thought of that. You're using your dreams to encourage other people and that's fantastic. I'm with you on it.

Sidenote: The cool thing is, when God lets us dream big dreams, the only responsibility we have is to do what He tells us to. You don't have to be afraid of failure if you're doing exactly what He wants because everything that happens along the way will be in His will. He'll give you the dream, and as long as you follow Him, He'll take care of you.

This rocks, Liz. And you rock. God has huge, fabulous, massive, wonderful plans, and I'm stoked to see them.

Liz said...

That's a really good sidenote, Tori. Thanks!
And you totally right...I feel like God is truely calling me to this, and I don't think He will cause me to fail if it's His will.

YOU ROCK!
Thanks for the comment and encouragement!
:)

Liz