Sunday, July 6, 2008

Meant To Live

Who needs prayer?

The most simple question can have the hardest answer. This was the big question asked Wednesday night at camp. At first you just think, "Oh, it's just Freddy and his crazy questions! This will take us 10 minutes and then we will learn."

I learned more from that night than any other night at camp. And most of the nights in my entire life.
The vulnrability.
The love.
Taking care of each other. Wait. Can I just stop there for a second? TAKING CARE OF EACH OTHER.

I texted Khris the other day with a problem of mine. It was kinda late and I know that Khris is busy and he probably has better things to do than stay up late texting a teenage girl about her problems! But he talked to me about it anyways (emailed me later) and, I don't know. I just won't forget him ever because of the love that he has shown me. I sent him a text just thanking him for always being there and for just showing me love. He sent me one in response saying, "Welcome to life...when people actually care about each other. This is how we were meant to live."

THIS IS HOW WE WERE MEANT TO LIVE. I love that.

So, seriously. Who needs prayer? I'm here for you. We are hear for you.

Start taking care of each other. This is how we are meant to live.

Peace
Liz

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good word. dig this blog. this is community. praying for the needs of the people around us.

pray for the community. for unity. for love. for intimacy.