Thursday, June 26, 2008

Camp

I told you I would tell you about camp, so here we go!

Pretty much amazing. Although, there was a lot of it that was disappointing.
The stuff that was disappointing was first of all, the people. I don't want this to sound harsh or anything, but the majority of the people there were very rude and I found it very difficult to make any new friends. But there were a few exceptions and I am grateful for them. Another was the worship. There were a few days that I got a lot out of it, but there were a couple days were everything seemed very... fake.
But through the disappointments, I realized that that stuff didn't matter, because they were just distractions. I really didn't want to let those things get in the way of me experiencing God that week. And, when I realized that, God threw me so many opportunities to feel and experience Him. One day, they had all of us go outside and gather around the flag pole and pray for our schools and the year coming up and that really helped me a lot, because I was so worried about the school year coming up. And I was worried about my patience and ability to love the people at school as well.
The most amazing night of camp, Wednesday night, we were in our individual church groups. Freddy simply just walked in and asked us if there was anyone there who needed prayer.
One by one people were raising their hand and asking for prayer. There were some people who were telling us things that they have never shared with anyone before. Pretty much everyone in the room was just weeping and praying over everyone and we were just taking care of each other and not judging anybody.
And just seeing this, touched me in such a way that I can't even explain. Knowing that we can be vulnerable and that I can trust all of those people. It was just so beautiful. We were united.
The thing that I really want is that unity in our community. If it happened with the 30 or 40 people who were in that room at camp, why isn't it happening normally. I also want it to happen in the church as a whole. I saw how beautiful and amazing it was...I want it to continue. 

I also built a lot of new relationships at camp. Me and Khris (I mentioned him in an earlier blog) had a really really great conversation after that Wednesday night and it was really cool talking to him and knowing that I could come to him for anything. I don't really know how to explain how thankful I am for the people in my church, especially the staff. They are so amazing.

That's basically the main parts of camp that I wanted to share with you. I would tell you all the funny stories, but this blog is long enough. I'll type a separate one for that after this. Even though I'm not sure you would find them all as funny as I do. :D

Peace
Liz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you came. I wouldnt have gotten as much out of it if it werent for you. We had some great conversations and I cherish the time I spent with you :]

Liz said...

Awww, same here girl...
I'm so glad we got to talk and ge to know each other so much better. It was so great.

Love you!