Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Here vs.There

I went to my Mexico meeting yesterday and Freddy kept saying the same thing: We should be loving and serving the people here just as we do in Mexico.
He asked why it is so easy to serve the people in Mexico; even when they are sweaty and dirty, we serve them through love and when it's inconvenient. Why is it so easy to serve them and love them, but it's so hard to serve the same way here?

This is my first mission trip, so I personally haven't felt that feeling of serving when it's inconvenient like the others have...but I am sure that it is as easy as Freddy says. And there have been multiple times that God has put a situation in front of me where I needed to serve and needed to love, but I just ignored them.

Q: Why do I want to go on this trip?

Freddy asked a lot of us this question. I want to go because I feel like God has put it on my heart to go. I want to help those people and I want to become more aware. I feel like over here, we are sometimes sheltered to the world and I think this is going to help me understand what's going on. I just feel like...I will feel God on this trip and that it will help me understand Him more.

After the meeting, I wanted to add on another part of that answer...
Like I said earlier, I miss a lot of opportunities to serve. I really want this trip to help me to serve here as well, like in at my school or any other place for that matter. I really want to become a glimpse to what life is really about to others...

So, just be praying that this trip goes well and that we don't miss it and that God just really shows up.

Peace
Liz

No comments: