Monday, June 30, 2008

Freedom

So, I was reading Freddy's blog the other day and it was really awesome, so I thought I would share kinda what it was about and the questions he asked.

He was just saying that there are so many distractions in our life and so many things that keep a guard on our heart and these things keep us from freedom. At camp, we talked about freedom. He had us say all of the words that describe where we are at in our lives (in terms of our relationship with God) and then he had us say all the words that come to mind when we think of freedom and then to compare the two lists. He explained that to change a lot of the words on the first list (which were things like guilty, insecure, discouraged, confused, etc.) we need to surrender those to God and then we can experience freedom. 

The questions that he asked was what is keeping us from experiencing freedom? What is in the way of our hearts?

For me personally, it's my insecurity and low self esteem that is keeping me in the way of complete freedom, but I am really working on it and praying about it and it's has gotten and is getting so much better. I got to this better point in my life through, 1. Prayer. Prayer is the most important thing when it comes to your relationship with God. You guys have heard me say that a million times now! 2. Conversations. I have had INCREDIBLE conversations since I have started this crazy, awesome journey with God. With Freddy, Khris, my friends...even random people! It's been so cool to see how conversations really can shape your life.  3. Asking questions. I was watching a television show recently and this woman was telling her friend, who stood up in the middle of service to ask a question, she told her that church isn't really a place for questions, but just a place to learn the answers, without questions. While getting answers is good, you should still absolutely ask questions. We can't be expected to know everything. Heck, I just learned that there was book in the Bible called Haggai YESTERDAY! I would hate to think how confused I would be and far behind I would be if I didn't ask questions. So, don't be afraid to!!!

That's basically it for today. Thanks for listening and I hope that you got something out of it, because I really want you all to go on this journey with me. :)

Keep praying, asking questions, and having those great conversations. Remember that the conversations you have with people reflect the conversations you are having with God and vise versa.

Peace
Liz

p.s. I have another, and my last Mexico meeting tonight. I think that I will put my favorite notes up here tomorrow or Wednesday, because I have learned so much cool stuff at those meetings!


No comments: