Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Words

Wow. I finally understand, which is weird, because I feel like I should already have known this... In my last blog I was saying that I never know what to say in situations where I am talking to a non-believer. (I don't like that word...but I will use it for the sake of making sense).
So yesterday I am at my Mexico meeting and we were talking about how imagination and faith and knowledge are all related and there were a lot of other things said (and I might post the notes up later because they rule) but I realized that...I don't have to say anything at all.
My actions, my love for others, my smile should be enough of a witness. I should just be oozing with Jesus and then people will WANT to know. It's incredible that I kinda just realized this.
I am so insecure when it comes to what I say and how I say it. I feel like I never know what to say or if I make any sense. (I am wondering this right now) But I realized that I don't have to be blessed with the gift of speaking to witness to others.
I've also been blessed with singing, which could also help.

I just wanted to share my revelation with you!
I'll put my Mexico notes up later. OH! I will also tell you about camp because I got to go and it was incredible!!! :)

Peace
Liz

p.s. Still be praying for Mexico!! A lot of people are stressing about money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For one: I compleeeetely understand what you've been saying about reaching other people. I feel like that so much, even with close friends, and it hurts me so much to know that they aren't saved...and it's also a conflict point because I've already had the experience of trying to say something and friends' trust in me totally breaking away.
And I guess it does sound kind of stupid, because your epiphany is so classic. Like, that lesson is drilled into us, but I didn't really realize it until you said something, either.
Two: You are, Liz. You are so oozing with Jesus, lately...it's incredible. It's so obvious, from how you talk about Him all the time to your new confidence. And really, I'm envious. Which is also stupid, because a) it's unChristlike and b) if I tried hard enough, I could help it in myself.
But that's my whole problem. Trying. =/

Oh my. This was long. It might as well have been a blog on it's own, sorry, haha.
I love you!
~Brittany