Monday, June 9, 2008

Coming With A Broken Heart

Yesterday (Sunday, June 8th, I believe...) Brigid and I were at Border's and there are these books called Post Secret and for those of you who aren't familiar with them, it's a book that is filled with anonymous postcards and letters from people all over the world and they share their deepest secrets. (For those of you who have seen the music video "Dirty Little Secret" by The All-American Rejects, that's what it is.)
We sat in Border's for about 3 hours reading those books. Some of the secrets were funny and others were weird and gross, but most of them were very sad and depressing.
After reading this, it has been on my mind ever since. I cannot describe to you the feelings that I feel about this. I want SO much to help all those people. I want SO much for them to know that I love them. I am praying that God will send them peace. It has just been killing me since I read it, because I very very very much so want to help these people and I just feel very helpless, because I don't know them, I don't feel like I can help them....I don't know how many of them have already given up hope. (Be praying for me about that).
I spent a long time last night just crying and praying over those people.
I just want those people to feel what I feel. The fulfillment and the security I have in God and his love. And just how I never have to feel alone or scared. I want them to feel that SO SO much.

There is just so much more to this life than what they think is being offered. If you are feeling like this...I love you. God loves you. There is more to this life. (even if it sounds cliche)

I don't know. My heart is just broken over these people and this world...but I have hope in this world, even though it's hard sometimes...

Just pray with me about this. Thanks.

Peace
Liz

No comments: