Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prayer

I have been thinking about prayer for a really long time. I have been wanting great prayer for a really long time. After Wired, (this awesome weekend retreat thing at my church) I have been trying to work on my prayer life, just trying to have more intimacy and to really listen to God and to have awesome conversation with Him, just like the ones I had with Him at Wired.
Like...during Wired, all I wanted to do was just to be totally focused on God the whole time. All I wanted to do was to pray and worship and learn. It was incredible how much I felt God that weekend and that's what has helped me with my relationship with Him now...and it's an amazing journey.

But, yesterday at our Mexico training meeting, prayer was our main focus, as well as our growth. I just wanted to share with you the notes that I took on Freddy's talk last night, because they are amazing! (I am just going to type down straight from my notes...if you have any questions, just comment)

Ask yourself these questions:
-Where are you at?
-how do you think you got there?
-Where do you want to go?
-How do you think you are going to get there?
My answers:
I felt like my relationship with God is good and so much better than it has ever been, but I still carry a lot of burdens and I still really really want to grow and learn and I said that I want to be in a place where I feel free through God and I got there because of the influences in my life and because I just allowed God to enter in and I was just tired of not feeling Him. Where I don't ever have to worry because I know that I am being taken care of and that I really just need to give everything up to Him, and I want to be in a place where I can do that. I said that I will get to that place by just doing more of everything. Definitely more prayer and just more pursuit.
-we should ask ourselves these questions OFTEN.
-Michael Angelo(spelling?):"Criticize by creating" which basically means "Shut up and do something about it!"

-How do we acquire more FAITH?
-We can do this through Prayer: "the means of maintaining our Christian life; there's nothing that we need to study and try to understand more than the art of prayer."
(also read Luke 11)
-our private life produces what happens in our public life
-everything comes back to prayer
-Ask yourself: How's my prayer life? (on a scale of 1-10)
-What would my life be life if it were a 10?
-We should be LISTENING to God
-think about one of the best prayer experiences you've had and make that the norm in your life.

Okay, so those are all the notes from yesterday....AMAZING right?
After Freddy talked, then we broke off into small groups and talked to each other about prayer and then prayed with each other about just whatever was on our hearts and whatever our conversations were about and that was incredible.
I am just encouraging you all to look at the last note taken...and follow that. Our prayer life could be so insanely and crazily awesome if we just really really try. I'M EXCITED. I'm ready to move...move with me. :)

Peace
Liz

p.s. Comments are COOL! Haha. Also, I have a few prayer requests, if that's alright?!
So, first off a friend of Freddy's, her name is Carol (who I've heard was just dripping with Jesus and who was totally awesome) she just passed away, so just be praying for her family. Also, just be praying for camp which is coming up this week. I'm not going, but I know a lot of people who are, so just pray that it goes well. And be praying for Mexico!!! We leave July 12th and come back home the 20th. Just pray for things such as safety, money, that we touch people's lives...stuff like that.
That's all I've got for you right now. If you feel comfortable, leave your requests down here and I'll pray for you. If not, I've got Facebook, Myspace, a phone! So, just whatever! (Sorry this one was so long...but I had to share!!!) Have a cool week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Liz, that is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing your notes! As I told you, unfortunately I couldn't go to the meeting last night, but I can tell already that I needed it, so thank you for sharing this so others can grow (and move) with you!

Liz said...

Yeah, no problem, Kayla! I would feel horrible if I didn't share that with everyone! haha!

But I really wish you were there...it was awesome. And hopefully you are at church tonight! Because that should be amazing as well!